Powerful Super Foods for Immunity
Feeding your body certain foods may help keep your immune system strong. If you’re looking for ways to prevent spring colds, the flu, or seasonal allergies the natural way, your first step should be to visit us at Pomegranate Market and grab some of these bulk super foods!
1. Wheat grass is grown from Red Wheatberry which contains high levels of chlorophyll, amino acids, enzymes, minerals and vitamins. Chlorophyll has regenerative properties that can boost your immune system, fight off free radicals, promote better circulation, and give you energy.
2. Turmeric is a natural way to help bolster the immune system by increasing the immunomodulating capacity of the body. Try adding extra turmeric into your diet during periods of stress or during flu season to help give your immune system a little boost.
3. Spirulina is a blue-green algae rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
4. Moringa is a treasure house of all essential nutrients that are needed to improve the immunity. Vitamins and minerals are known to be very effective to protect us from flues, infections and other common health problems. We are also aware of the fact that citrus foods and colored vegetables are important to boost our immunity.
5. Barley grass is naturally high in many key nutrients that help to support the immune system, such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and enzymes. It is extremely high in vitamin C which is crucial to the overall health of the body in its efforts to fight off infections – both bacterial and viral
6. Ginger is antibacterial so it helps support the immune system and it can help to prevent nausea and soothe an upset stomach. Ginger is also a natural blood thinner and contains a phenolic anti-inflammatory compound called gingerol that may be responsible for relaxing blood vessels.
Green Spirulina Smoothie:
1 cup of milk (preferably almond, coconut, hemp, or raw milk)
1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed berries.
1 fresh or frozen banana.
2 teaspoons of spirulina.
A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)