New Year's Healthy Recipes
January is the start of the New Year, and that means new recipes. It is also a great time to experiment with healthy recipes that allow you to meet your New Year goals! We have a breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe for you to try in 2023! We have also included some Pomegranate Market products that you can use in the recipes!
Simple Mills Maple Superfood Pancakes
- 1 ½ Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. almond milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
1. Combine Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix, eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, flaxseed meal and maple syrup in a large bowl. Whisk until batter forms. If batter is too thick, add almond milk by the tablespoon until desired texture is reached.
2. Grease a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Ladle pancake batter into skillet when the pan is hot. Flip pancakes when you begin to see them bubble.
4. Enjoy topped with maple syrup and your favorite berries.
Pomegranate Market Items: Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix, Califia Almond Milk, Coombs Maple Syrup.
Detox Fruit Salad
- 1 small red leaf or bib lettuce
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- ½ small onion julienned
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Tear lettuce into bite size pieces and arrange on a serving plate with mandarin oranges, grapefruit, and avocado.
2. Sprinkle on chopped onion and walnut.
3. Whisk together salad dressing and drizzle over salad, and serve.
Pomegranate Market Items: Our organic fruits and vegetable section, Primal Kitchen olive oil, Cadia apple cider vinegar.
King Mushroom Birria Tacos
- 4 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 small yellow minced onion, minced
- 2lbs king or oyster mushrooms
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp. chicken flavored vegetarian bouillon (optional)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chilies
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups plant-based mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups store-bought enchilada sauce, heated
1. Shred mushroom by scrapping the length of the mushroom with the tines of the fork, working your way around, then pull apart by hand and set aside.
2. In a salute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Toss In shredded mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, taco seasoning, chicken flavored vegetarian bouillon, chilies, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook until fragrant and the mushrooms are tender.
3. To assemble, layer two tablespoons of cheese and two tablespoons of mushrooms onto each tortilla. Fold in half and heat two minutes per side in a skillet. Once cheese has melted, brush or spoon sauce on tacos.
4. Place tacos on a platter and serve with the remaining enchilada sauce.
Pomegranate Market Items: Dakota Mushrooms and Microgreens King Mushrooms, Siete Red and Green enchilada sauce, and La Perla corn tortillas.
RECIPES BY INFRA/ SUNRISE HEATHFOODS LINKED