- Pomegranate Market
From enjoying a frozen dessert like popsicles, or sipping on an iced cold drink, we know how to stay cool in the summer. Have you ever wondered about your furry friend and how they stay cool? Research shows that even though our animals have natural instincts and fur that can keep them cool in the summer they might need some extra help.
With different dogs come different standards of how long they should be out in the sun, but some general ideas are to make sure your pup has fresh cold-water while being outside, limit sun time in the heat of the day, and finally make sure there is shade or an area where your four-legged friend can go if they get overheated.
A fun DIY that you and your family can make for your dog are “Easy Pupsicles.” This recipe is so simple and is another great way to make sure your dog stays cool in the sun. (And they will love having an extra treat!)
What you need:
1 cup Organic Strawberries
1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter: (We recommend peanut butter with ONLY peanuts as the ingredients, but make sure there is no Xylitol. Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that can be a great sugar substitution for humans, but is very poisonous to dogs!)
¼ cup Water
Ice cube tray
1. Carefully wash strawberries, and cut off tops
2. Put strawberries and water in blender and blend until they are pureed.
3. Pour pure into ice cube trays leaving a little room at the top.
4. Add a dollop of peanut butter to the top of strawberry and water puree in ice cube trays
5. Put in freezer and wait until completely frozen
6. Serve to your pup on a hot day! (Or when they just deserve an extra treat)