3 Organic Back to School Snacks
Are you on the hunt for healthy snack options to add to your child's lunchbox? Look no further than Pomegranate Market! We understand the concerns surrounding conventional children's snacks, which often contain high amounts of sugar and processed ingredients. Here are three organic snack ideas that are perfect for quick and easy snacking throughout the school year.
How to make Roasted Chickpeas:
1. Preheat the oven to 425° and drain and rinse your chickpeas.
2. Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and gently pat them dry. It’s essential to make sure they’re totally dry before you toss them with the olive oil – damp chickpeas won’t crisp up in the oven. Discard any loose skins from the outside of the chickpeas.
3. Transfer the chickpeas to a parchment-lined baking sheet and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil and generous pinches of sea salt. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
4. Transfer the baking sheet to your preheated oven and roast until crispy. I start checking at 20 minutes, but it can take up t0 30 minutes for them to become really crisp.
5. Remove from the oven and, while the chickpeas are still warm, toss with pinches of your favorite spices.
So simple! Your roasted chickpeas are ready to eat.
Pomegranate Market Finds: Cadia Chickpeas, Cadia Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Clean Trail Mix
How to make Clean Trail Mix:
In a bowl combine the following ingredients...
1 1/2 cups raw nuts
1 cup raw seeds
1 cup dried fruit
1 cup M&m's
1 cup granola
Season with spices of your choice!
Mix together and enjoy!
Pomegranate Market Finds: Bulk Section (Nuts and Seeds), Unreal Milk Chocolate Gems, Mavuno Dried Fruit, Cadia Granola.
Organic Turkey Pinwheels
How to make organic Turkey Pinwheels
Chop the organic filling ingredients of your choice. (spinach, tomatoes, avocado)
Spread organic cream cheese on tortilla of your choice.
Sprinkle organic cheese of you choice on top of the cream cheese.
Lay out organic turkey slices and add veggie mixture.
Roll up the tortilla very tightly, making sure to keep the roll tight at the beginning.
Slice off the ends of the rolls and discard, then slice into 3/4-inch slices to make pinwheels.
They last up to 3 days refrigerated, but they taste best day of because the tortillas become softer over time.
Pomegranate Market Finds: True Story Oven Roasted Turkey, Siete Tortilla Wraps, Organic Valley Cream Cheese.
We hope you enjoy back to school season, and we encourage you to stay tuned for our weekly and monthly back to school sales at Pomegranate Market!