Valentine's Day Treats
It’s February, and love is in the air! Whether you are celebrating with your valentine or your "Galentine," we have the perfect way to fulfill all of the Valentine’s Day sweet tooth cravings. This recipe has a healthy twist on a classic red velvet cupcake. Beet Velvet Cupcakes are perfect if you’re wanting to skip out on the red dye, but still show off your festive side! In just one hour you’ll have a tasty and beautiful vegetarian and dairy-free treat!
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· ½ teaspoon sea salt
· 1 1/3 cups water or plant based-milk
· 2/3 cup cane sugar
· ½ cup beet puree
· ½ cup sunflower oil
· 2 large eggs
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 2 ½ cups Miss Jones vanilla frosting
· 1 tablespoon Watkins sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk together water or plant-based milk, sugar, beet puree, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Pour wet ingredients into the dry mixture and whisk until batter forms with no lumps.
4. Fill lined cupcake cups 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes.
5. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
6. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.
Show us your creation by tagging us on Facebook or Instagram!
Recipe by INFRA